What does ‘Awaiting Verification’ mean? & other popular questions

As ever, the application process has raised a number of queries, some more obscure than others. In this post we will be answering some of the most popular questions we have had since applications opened.

Q: What does ‘Awaiting Verification’ mean on my application state?

A: Awaiting Verification indicates that your accommodation application is complete, and stored in our system. Once your status with the University is confirmed via the Admissions Team you will be close to receiving your accommodation offer. We often expect to be sending accommodation offers on A-Level results day, usually in mid-August.

Q: Why can’t I find my preferred accommodation on the application?

A: Due to demand we often have to take the decision to remove options from first year applications. If it is no longer appearing on the application system, it’s usually because the development’s application list is now full.

Q: I deferred my place at Lincoln but does my accommodation application carry over?

A: You will be required to submit a new application for the new academic year, but your old registration would still be valid.

Q: I’ve followed the ‘How to Apply’ guide and I still can’t seem to apply for accommodation, what am I doing wrong?

A: Sometimes web browsers store cached versions of websites meaning the application system you see may not be accurate. To avoid this try accessing the system using a different web browser or device.

If you are still having problems, please feel free to contact us via accommodation@lincoln.ac.uk