What does ‘Awaiting Verification’ mean? & other popular questions

We are now a month into the accommodation application process for 2015/16 and we’re delighted to see that many of you have already submitted your applications.

As ever, the process has raised a number of queries, some more obscure than others. In this post we will be answering some of the most popular questions we have had since applications opened.

Q: What does ‘Awaiting Verification’ mean on my application state?

A: Awaiting Verification indicates that your accommodation application is complete, and stored in our system. Once your status with the University is confirmed via the Admissions Team you will be close to receiving your accommodation offer. This year we expect to be sending accommodation offers on A-Level results day, Thursday August 13th.

Q: Why can’t I find my preferred accommodation on the application?

A: Due to demand we have taken the decision to remove two options from first year applications. Brayford Quay, The Gateway (en suite) and Park View (en suite) have now received sufficient applications for the places available at those developments for 2015/16, and as such are no longer available to new students.

Q: I deferred my place at Lincoln from 2014/15, does my accommodation application carry over?

A: You will be required to submit a new application for the new academic year, but your registration from 2014/15 would still be valid.

Q: I’ve followed the ‘How to Apply’ guide and I still can’t seem to apply for accommodation, what am I doing wrong?

A: Sometimes web browsers store cached versions of websites meaning the application system you see may not be accurate. To avoid this try accessing the system using a different web browser or device.

If you are still having problems, please feel free to contact us via accommodation@lincoln.ac.uk