Accommodation FAQS

Accommodation Services is here to help you throughout your time at Lincoln. We hope the frequently asked questions below will provide a solution to most queries. If, however, you can’t find an answer to your question, do feel free to get in touch.

First Year Accommodation Application Process


When can I apply for accommodation?

From 1st March the application system is open to any applicant who has accepted their course offer via UCAS, as either their first choice or insurance choice. To apply you need to have accepted your offer at least 24 hours or one working day before you wish to submit an application. You will need your 11 digit University of Lincoln applicant ID, which is provided by our Admissions team. You will have received this in your academic offer and it will also be included in an email which will be sent to you when you are able to apply for your accommodation.

*If you have deferred your place then you will need to reapply for accommodation from the 1st March, in your year of entry. We will not allocate accommodation earlier to unconditional or deferred status applicants.

What is my University of Lincoln Applicant ID (Student ID) number and how do I get it?

Your University of Lincoln applicant ID becomes your Student ID number (once enrolled) which you will keep with you throughout your time at the University of Lincoln. It is an 11 digit number and will usually start with the first three letters of your surname (e.g. ABC12345678). You will have received this in your academic offer and it will also be included in an email which will be sent to you when you are able to apply for accommodation.

*Check your inbox and spam folder for the email. If you are sure that you have not received the email, then please email us with your full name, date of birth and UCAS number.

Am I guaranteed accommodation?
We guarantee accommodation to first year students who make the University of Lincoln their Firm choice on UCAS and make an application for accommodation by 30th June.

Lincoln is my insurance choice. Can I apply for accommodation?

If the University of Lincoln is your Insurance choice, you will receive an email when you are able to apply for accommodation. We recommend that Insurance applicants make an application for accommodation as soon as you are able to after the application system opens on the 1st March.

We are unable to guarantee accommodation to Insurance applicants. However, over the last few years, we have been able to offer a hall of residence room, on or off campus, to all insurance and clearing students.

Help, I’m having problems logging in.


Please check that you’re entering the email address and password you registered with, when you created the account correctly. If you’ve forgotten your password, you can reset it. If you’re still having problems, please contact us.

Can I have a look around the accommodation before I apply for accommodation?

If you attend a University of Lincoln Open Day, you’ll be able to have a look at some of the accommodation that is available. The University also holds informal visit days on the third Wednesday of each month. On these days, our on campus accommodation will be open to view. If you’re unable to make any of the open days or visit days but are planning to make a trip to Lincoln then please let us know and we will do our best to accommodate a viewing.

If you are unable to visit us at all, then please don’t worry as you can also view videos and 360° images of our university managed residences on and off campus on our YouTube channel.

Will I get my first choice of accommodation?
We recommend that you apply as early as possible to increase the chance of getting a place in the hall of residence that you’d like. In order to submit your application you have to make six choices of accommodation in preference order so it’s a good idea to make a shortlist of the halls of residences that you like.

I’m trying to make my application for accommodation, but the halls I wanted to apply for are not listed on the application form. Can I still apply for them?
Unfortunately not. If the halls of residence you wanted to apply for is not appearing on the application form then this means that it has ‘reached its application limit’ and that we have more than enough applications to fill it. Once this happens, we remove the development from the application form and you are no longer able to apply for it. There are still plenty of other choices for you to look at and you can find more information on all of our accommodation options here.

Once I’ve made an application for accommodation, can I change my preferences?

Once you have submitted your online application, you are unable to change your preferences on the application portal. However, if you wish to change your preferences then you can email us with your request and if the accommodation option/s were available on the application form on the time of your application then we can see if this is possible for you.

When emailing, please include your full name, date of birth, home address and your University of Lincoln Student ID and list your new 6 preferences and we will let you know if this is possible.

How much will the accommodation cost?

The accommodation fee you pay depends on the type of room you have. We have a very wide variety of accommodation, and so the fees are varied too.

For further information on all of our on and off campus accommodation costs please take a look at our fees guide. You can also find information on each of the developments upfront costs, including deposit and down payment amounts and dates that the first instalment of rent is due!

*Please note that you will not be required to make any payment for accommodation until you receive your accommodation offer from us in August of your year of entry.

Is on campus accommodation provided for families?
All of our on campus accommodation is designed for single occupancy. If you need family accommodation, please contact our Housing Team and we can give you advice and information on renting in the private sector.
What if I have a disability or need an accessible room?

If you have a disability or need consideration because of a medical condition we can help. We offer a number of accessible rooms with features to help students with a range of requirements.

If you have a disability or requirement that’s relevant to your accommodation, please contact the University of Lincoln Student Wellbeing Centre. We’ll then work with you and the Student Wellbeing team to find you the most suitable option.


First Year Accommodation Offers


When will I find out what accommodation I’ve been offered?

If you made Lincoln your Firm choice with UCAS and applied for accommodation before the 30th June, room offers will start to go out from A-level results day. This is the same process for both Unconditional Firm and Conditional Firm applicants; no offers will be sent out until we have all students’ results.

If Lincoln is your Insurance choice or if you are coming through Clearing then accommodation offers will start to go out after this date, usually starting the week after results day.

What happens if I do not like the accommodation that was allocated to me?

We will offer you the best option available on the day of allocation, taking into account your date of application, your application preferences and availability. We will only make each applicant one offer of accommodation so we recommend that you research all of your six choices of accommodation you make on your application.

If you are unhappy with your allocation then you can reject your offer of accommodation and ask to be placed on our waiting list. However, please note that waiting lists applications will not be looked at until all unallocated students have been made an offer of accommodation and we cannot guarantee that we can make you another offer of accommodation or, if we can, what that offer of accommodation would be.

When can I move in?

Move in dates for each of the halls of residences are different. For a list of all the contract start and end dates please have a look at our accommodation fees guide.

Each development has different arrivals procedures which will be communicated to prospective residents nearer the time, once you have accepted your accommodation offer.


Living in Residences


Where can I find a copy of my terms and conditions?

For all university managed accommodation, you can view our Terms and Conditions here.

If you are living in one of our partnership halls of residences or in a shared house, then you would need to contact your provider directly and they will confirm where you can access your terms and conditions.

Once I’ve booked accommodation, how do I change the bank account that the accommodation fees will be taken from?
If you need to change the bank account that you’ve nominated your accommodation fees to be taken from, please contact our Finance Team by telephone on 01522 803120 or by email.

Will I have to vacate my room during the Easter and Christmas holidays?

No, all of our halls of residence accommodation agreements are either 40, 46, 48, 50 or 51 weeks and are inclusive of Christmas and Easter holiday periods. You may stay in your room for the full period stated on your accommodation agreement.

If you wish to check your specific dates check with your accommodation provider or on your accommodation agreement.

Can I bring my car?

Parking is extremely limited. Some halls have a few parking spaces available, but we recommend that you don’t bring a car unless absolutely essential.

The halls of residences which have the most car parking spaces are Aqua House and Park View

Is contents insurance included?

All our university managed accommodation includes basic personal belongings insurance cover through Endsleigh Insurance. You’ll be able to log in to their website to view your insurance policy.

Laptops, tablets and phones aren’t covered outside of your room, so you may wish to consider taking out additional cover to protect these gadgets and other possessions.

*Please note that bicycles aren’t covered so if you plan on bringing a bicycle with you then you may wish to look to extend the cover or purchase your own insurance for that.

For claims information, or to extend your policy, visit the Endsleigh website.

Can I smoke in my room?

Smoking in public places has been illegal since 1st July 2007 and is strictly forbidden in all University residences and buildings.

Can I bring my pet with me?

Pets are not permitted in university accommodation or any hall of residence.

What do I do if I have a complaint?
Please put any complaints in writing. This can make it easier for us to understand your concerns.  Accommodation Services will respond within five working days. We’ll try to reply fully, but if this isn’t possible, we’ll at least send you an acknowledgement.